As an equestrian, you work hard to condition your equine athlete for competition or that long trail ride. But do you do the same for yourself?
Strength and fitness are just as important for the rider. As professionals will attest, targeted daily workouts can help you reach your equestrian goals. But perhaps your schedule is too crazy, or you don't know where to begin ...
We hear you, and we have the solution. Saddle Strong is a six-week fitness program designed with the equestrian’s unique needs in mind. Work with accredited personal trainer and rider Kelly Altschwager to develop your strength, endurance and confidence in the saddle―all at your own pace.
Through videos, comprehensive instructions and downloadable tools, Kelly will give you:
- a detailed introduction to the program and goal setting
- daily workouts or stretch routines to help improve your riding
- weekly "fit tips" on a variety of topics, to help you stay on track
- helpful analysis of the impacts of fitness, balance and posture on your riding and your horse.
The best part: You can train at times that suit your own schedule. So come join the Saddle Strong nation!
Uniquely trained as a rider, athlete, and fitness expert, Kelly Altschwager is an unparalleled asset to riders of all levels. Her specifically designed programs and unrelenting enthusiasm and encouragement transform not only the body, but the mind into that of a true performance athlete.
Kelly Altschwager lives in Wellington, Colorado, with her husband, Andy, and two sons, Cash and Cole. An ACE Certified Personal trainer and Fitness Sports Nutrition Specialist, Kelly grew up riding and showing performance horses in both Western and English disciplines. Prior to her career in fitness and wellness, she rode under Steve & Dori of Schwartzenberger Equine in Longmont, CO.
With her unique combination of personal and professional experience, Kelly will help you take your riding to the next level by increasing your strength, endurance, balance and confidence in the saddle.
Kelly will give you the tools to:
- Exercise and gain strength, endurance and balance, taylored to a rider's needs, over the course of 6 weeks
- Learn about overall health and wellness through 'fit tips'
- Gain confidence in the saddle with your increased fitness and watch your horse improve as well